More about us
Visual Storytelling: Directing the Narrative
Duration: This bootcamp meets twice a week for four weeks
Ready to make your first film? This hands-on production bootcamp will take you through the process of storyboarding, shooting and editing a non-dialogue visual film.
Student films may feature actors but there will be no lines as the focus of this bootcamp is to tell a story through visuals only. Students will utilize MNN’s equipment and resources to produce and edit their film. Students may opt to utilize their own equipment. Basic editing will not be taught during this course. Students will attend labs to complete the editing phase of their project.
Upon successful completion of the bootcamp, students will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to join the Manhattan Mediamaker’s Collective. Projects completed during this course may air on MNN’s channels, social and digital platforms at MNN’s discretion.
- Guided instruction from a media professional
- Digital handouts and activity materials
- Access to production equipment
- One-on-one out of class support from MNN staff
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with video editing platforms such as Adobe Premiere or DaVinci Resolve
- Students must supply their own headphones, SD cards and hard drive
- Students will be required to complete out-of-class work and attend additional lab sessions following the completion of the course
Important Note: There are no refunds for media education bootcamps. If you register and fail to meet the necessary requirements, you will not receive a refund. If you have questions about this program, please contact the Media Education department.
New York, NY 10019